This week in Alaska: sockeye salmon running wild on the Kenai Peninsula, new charges in a tragic sex abuse case in Bethel, singing on the Alaska Peninsula and ire over a wetlands gravel pile nearby the ice-trucking haul road.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: July 14-20, 2013
July 20, 2013
- 1 Photos: Dipnetting in Kenai River's red salmon rodeo
- 2 Why did Alaska volcano 'scream' prior to 2009 eruption?
- 3 New sex abuse charges filed against former Bethel foster parent
- 4 Photos: Young bears hold South Anchorage resident, dog 'hostage'
- 5 AK Beat: Ecologist just ducky about Anchorage Police's avian rescue
- 6 Alaska duo Starship Amazing on top with its new album
- 7 Has idle Healy power plant finally seen light at the end of its tunnel?
- 8 Fermented 'stink whale' landed in Barrow, and it's a blessing during tough season
- 9 Rental market tight in Anchorage, pushing prices higher and higher