News that mattered: One of the worst wildfires in Alaska history grew to more than 84,000 acres near Fairbanks, summoning firefighters from across the country, and a deadly plane crash on the Kenai killed 10 people.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: July 7-13
July 13, 2013
- 1 Army backtracks on whether training caused Fairbanks-area wildfire
- 2 Investigators probing possible stall and cargo weight in deadly Alaska plane crash
- 3 Stuart Creek wildfire: Evacuees return, but some never left
- 4 DHC3 de Havilland Otter: Alaska bush plane work horse
- 5 Photos: Iceland is the Arctic's 'Wild West of Fire and Ice'
- 6 Alaska Native incarceration rate: Justice? Or just us?
- 7 Winds and tides can concoct a deadly brew in Alaska's Turnagain Arm
- 8 Adak fuel company facing criminal charges for big 2010 diesel spill in Aleutians
- 9 Photos: Stuart Creek 2 fire spreads quickly near Fairbanks