From $65 billion gas pipelines to halibut wars to the PFD spending splurge, here are Alaska Dispatch's best stories and photos of the week.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Sept. 29-Oct. 5
October 5, 2012
- 1 Amid a deluge, hunters say goodbye to Moose Camp
- 2 Fishing for truth in the feds' latest Alaska halibut management plan
- 3 Brilliance of autumn gets bittersweet welcome from some winter-weary Alaskans (+PHOTOS)
- 4 Alaska gas pipeline now costs $65 billion? Maybe it's time for state to seize control.
- 5 As Arctic sea ice shrinks, Antarctic ice hits record high; what does it mean?
- 6 Count the ways Alaskans spend their $878 Permanent Fund check
- 7 Arctic Alaska: Scientists seeing fewer sick seals, walrus, polar bears
- 8 Sneak peek: Rarefied Light 2012 opens October's First Friday
- 9 Loners no more? Prince William Sound humpbacks pairing up.
- 10 Legends in Alaska Aviation: Oren Hudson